About Us - Our Past and Present:
- The First LeRoy Agency has deep roots in its hometown communities in rural Minnesota. Founded in 1965 as the Hawkins Insurance Agency, it formed an early relationship with the First State Bank of LeRoy, and has maintained its offices within the bank buildings ever since.
- In the early days, the agency focused strictly on farm, home, and auto insurance. In 1973, with the addition of a new agent and co-owner, the agency expanded its business lines to include crop insurance, commercial lines, life, and health insurance.
- In 1988 the agency officially became the First LeRoy Agency.
- In 1993, the First LeRoy Agency purchased the Elmer Anderson Agency of Ostrander, which had a similarly distinguished history in its rural community. This office was moved to establish the First LeRoy Agency’s second location in the First State Bank building in Spring Valley, Minnesota.
- In 2010, the First LeRoy Agency purchased the John Deatsch Agency of Spring Valley, Minnesota, at the retirement of its owner
- The First LeRoy Agency currently has 2 full time, and 2 part agents in 2 locations, writing insurance protection for homes, farms, automobiles, crops, and businesses in Minnesota, Iowa, and Wisconsin.